Rec. requires your Android device to be rooted in order to do its magic.
Rec. is a beautiful new screen recording app which provides enhanced and un-tethered access to the screenrecord utility introduced in Android 4.4 Kit Kat; neatly packaged into a customisable, intuitive user interface.
Rec. (Pro) provides many advantages over the standard adb screenrecord utility. Some of the highlights include:
▪ No need to be tied to your computer while recording.
▪ Longer screen recording with Audio – record for up to 1 hour.
▪ Audio recording via the mic.
▪ A beautiful user interface – no more messing with the command line/terminal.
▪ Save your favourite configurations as Presets.
▪ Automatically show screen touches for the duration of your recording.
▪ Customisable countdown timer so that you can get your screen recording set-up perfectly.
▪ Shake your device, or simply switch your screen off, to stop your recording early.
* Why can't I install Rec. on my device?
Your phone/tablet must be running Android 4.4 Kit Kat or higher. You also need a rooted device for Rec. to function correctly/at all.
* Can Rec. record audio?
Yes! Audio is recorded via the mic.
Rec. Pro users can record video + audio for up to 1 hour, whereas Rec (free) users can try out recording with audio for 30 seconds in order to test whether it works properly on their device before purchasing the upgrade.
* Why is the recording laggy and slow on my Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/...?
This seems to be an issue with Exynos-based devices not playing nicely with the native screenrecord function, so there's not a lot I can do about it right now. Sorry!
* Does Rec. work with Intel x86 based devices?
I have no idea! Unfortunately, I don't have access to any x86 devices running Android 4.4+, but if you try it, please let me know how you get on.